The need to quickly get a message out is critical for any music program. You need to communicate important details to large groups of people with the assurance your message will be received. Cut Time’s robust communications feature makes it easy to send an email or text message to ensemble members, parents, volunteers, and staff without having to toggle between multiple apps.
If you have used Cut Time to send messages to your group, you will notice we’ve made improvements! We’ve completely redesigned the user interface of the message builder and expanded options for advanced filtering of message recipients. The new update gives admins the ability to create group messages as an email or a text message and apply advanced recipient filters in any combination to make sure your message makes it to the right people exactly when they need it.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Members not properly assigned to an Ensemble/Group will not display as a recipient option.
- From the Cut Time dashboard, select Communications.
- Launch the Message Builder by clicking Send Email/Text in the Communications drop-down.
- Click the Filter Recipients button.
- To build a specific recipient list, select any combination of Ensembles, Sections, Positions, or Grades.
- To send a general message that includes all members in a specific category, you can select the “All” option for each participant category that applies.
- The “Options” section allows for further message filtering: Only send to student leaders, Include parents or Only send to parents of the selected members.
- To include additional recipients from your database such as Staff/Faculty, Cut Time admins, Volunteers, or Donors, select the desired recipients by clicking the checkbox.
- Click Save to selections to confirm your recipient filter selections.
- The selected recipient categories will display in the Message Builder.
- Select the Email or Text message radio button.
- You can manually add additional recipients in the Copy (CC) and Blind Copy (BCC) fields.
- Type your message and add attachments as necessary.